Registered psychologist #1219 in British Columbia, CANADA.
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from University of British Columbia, CANADA.
Dissertation title: The Gestalt Two-Chair Technique: How It Relates to Theory.
My research was an investigation of the theory underlying the Gestalt Two-Chair Technique – how and why it is effective. The research focused on the specific decision on whether or not to remain married.
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology from University of British Columbia, CANADA. (Major – Family Specialty)
Thesis title: Adlerian Life Style Analysis from the Individual’s Perspective.
My research investigated the Adlerian technique of Life Style Analysis, exploring and documenting the individual’s experience while undergoing the technique.
- B.A. (Double Major – Biology & Psychology) Queen’s University, Ontario, CANADA.
- B.P.H.E. (Physical & Health Education) Queen’s University, Ontario, CANADA.
Dr. Mackay’s approach involves an integration of several therapeutic frameworks: Gestalt, Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler and Client Centered. She has extensive training in Integrative Psychotherapy. She has level II training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing).
- Gestalt Training Institute of Vancouver, BC, CANADA – 3 year program.
- Gestalt Training Institute of L. A. – European Residential Summer Program – 1993
- Integrative Psychotherapy – 15 years (3 day workshops and 7 day residential workshops). Trainer: Richard Erskine, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist in New York , N.Y. , USA
- EMDR: Levels 1 & 2
- Emotionally Focused Couples Counselling. Trainer: Susan Johnston, Ph.D.
- CPA: Canadian Psychological Association
- CPBC: College of Psychologists in British Columbia, Canada
- BCPA: British Columbia Psychological Association
- AAGT: Association for the Advancement of Gestalt Therapy (Western Regional Representative)